Our professional grade Concrete Acid Stain is a water-based liquid bearing minerals and acid. The acid stain penetrates the pores of the concrete forcing a chemical reaction between the muriatic acid and the available lime in the surface. Once acid stained, the color of the concrete is permanently altered. When sealed with an appropriate concrete sealer and for indoor applications, sealed and waxed, acid stain produces the unique, variegated finish associated with this process. DCI Concrete Floor Wax and Polish is available for purchase separately for most indoor applications.
Keep in mind that it is your responsibility, as the stain applicator, to make sure the slab is ready to accept the stain, whether you poured the concrete or not. Take the time to look at the batch tickets to see what’s in the concrete mix, and always do a sample prior to stain installation to ensure that the color is correct.
• One gallon of Concrete Acid Stain (Customer selects color)
• One gallon of Concrete Sealer (Customer selects sealer type*)
• Organic Degreaser
Sealer Options Include: DCI Water-based Concrete Sealer, Sprayable Satin Finish Sealer, *AC1315 High Gloss Concrete Sealer, *Krystal Kote Water-based Concrete Sealer and *DCI Penetrating Lithium Sealer/Hardener.
*AC1315 High Gloss Sealer, Krystal Kote Sealer and DCI Lithium Sealer/Hardener Concrete Sealer are more expensive. AC1315 Price: $6.65; Krystal Kote Price: $12.00; Lithium Price: $59.06.
Key Add On for DIY Kit Features:
• Each kit will clean, stain and seal an additional 200 sq. ft. per add-on kit.
• Perfect complement to the DIY Acid Stain Kit for larger patio or indoor flooring projects
• Detailed How-To Instructions included with every kit