Our professional grade Sample Size Acid Stains are available in both 4 and 8oz. sizes for testing, smaller projects and concrete decor. Concrete Acid Stain is a water-based liquid bearing minerals and acid. The acid stain penetrates the pores of the concrete forcing a chemical reaction between the muriatic acid and the available lime in the surface. Once acid stained, the color of the concrete is permanently altered. When sealed with an appropriate concrete sealer and for indoor applications, acid stain produces a unique, variegated finish. Sample sizes are perfect for smaller projects like concrete countertops, floor accents, concrete decor and testing. Try before you buy!
For testing and small project, try our Small Concrete Acid Stain Sample Kit which includes 4 oz. of all 10 stains and a sample of DCI Water Based Concrete Sealer. For larger projects, select our Large Concrete Acid Stain Kit. Each kit includes 10 quart size containers.
Direct Colors’ DIY Concrete Acid Stain Kit for Homeowners has everything you need for a 200 sq. ft. concrete acid stain project. For something slighter larger, each Concrete Acid Stain Add-On Kit will clean, stain and seal an additional 200 sq. ft. per add-on kit.
Remember if your floor is machine troweled and potentially too smooth to acid stain, add a quart of Hard Trowel Floor Prep to open the pores for a more robust acid stain reaction during the sampling process.
Key Sample Size Acid Stain Features :
• Concrete acid stain samples come in 4 and 8 oz. sample sizes for pre-application testing
• Mix colors, cut stains with water to test application techniques and color combinations before buying
• Perfect for concrete countertops and small concrete décor projects
• Detailed How-To Instructions included with every purchase
• Covers approximately 2-3 sq. ft. per sample depending on surface conditions
• Apply using a foam brush or small plastic sprayer