DCI Concrete Dye is quick-drying, easy-to-apply acetone-based, translucent topical colorant intended for concrete floor or similar applications. When used properly, this product will provide true, consistent color for indoor and outdoor surfaces. Concrete Dye is a dye and seal product and is not intended for polished concrete floors.
For best results, pre-seal the surface before applying the dye with Sprayable Satin Finish Sealer. If the concrete has been ground or has a rougher texture, a second coat of sealer may be necessary. Three or more dye coats are generally required to achieve most colors. Each additional coat will produce a darker, more intense color. For enhanced color diversity, apply two or more colors. Seal the concrete immediately after applying to protect the finish. Acetone must be purchased separately. DCI Concrete Dye is also available in sample sizes, a six color sample kit and custom dye sample kits.
DCI Concrete Dye is particularly useful when attempting to stain areas that cannot easily be colored with concrete acid stain. DCI Concrete Dye is an excellent choice as secondary accents on tinted concrete sealer and acid stain finishes, stenciling, design work, and borders. Dye can also be used on slabs not suitable for acid staining such as concrete poured with a waterproofing additive, with exposed aggregate or areas previously treated with muriatic acid. Concrete dye is not a good choice for excessively rough and/or heavily broomed concrete.
Key DCI Concrete Dye Features:
• Fast-drying product ideal for commercial jobs where time is a critical factor
• Excellent for stenciling and vertical applications
• Use in conjunction with concrete acid stain for enhanced color effects
• Covers approximately 200 – 400 sq. ft. per gallon
• Concrete Dye is a dye and seal product and is not intended for polished concrete floors
• Detailed How-to Instructions included in every purchase
• Apply using an acetone-approved sprayer. Acetone must be purchased separately