DCI Concrete Overlay is a durable, ultra-strong, and easy-to-apply add water only mix. Ideal for decorative concrete projects indoors and out including:
• Resurface Old, Damaged or Soiled Concrete for significantly less than the cost of removal
• Cost Effective Alternative to Poured Concrete Countertops
• Patch and Repair Holes or Cracks with DCI Concrete Patching Compound
• Suitable for Stamped, Stenciled or Artistic Finishes
Coverage and Application: DCI Concrete Overlay covers approximately 25 sq. ft. at 1/4″, 50 sq. ft. at 1/8″ or 100-130 sq. ft. for a skim coat per 50 lb. box depending on surface conditions. The typical pot life for overlay is approximately 30-35 minutes. Adding cold rather than room temperature water will extend the pot life by up to 15 minutes. Applying overlay on hot concrete or in temperatures over 90F could result in delamination or similar problems. In hot, dry conditions, reduce the concrete temperature by dampening it with water prior to application. Mist the overlay with water to extend working time if required.
• For a smooth appearance, finish the overlay with a magic trowel.
• For a textured finish, handwork the overlay with a pool trowel.
• For vertical surfaces and stencil, spray DCI Smooth Overlay with a drywall texture gun and smooth with a pool or magic trowel.
Concrete Overlay Textures:
DCI Complete Texture Concrete Overlay
Hardy and strong, is the top choice for stamping, trowel stenciling, or as a primer coat on previously stamped or tiled surfaces.
DCI Smooth Texture Concrete Overlay
Can be troweled down or sprayed with a hopper gun at low psi for a super smooth texture and high workability. Perfect for smooth finish flooring, spray-on stenciling, and vertical applications.
Concrete Pigment Color Packs
Sample Size Options
Need to Test Before You Get Started?
DCI Concrete Overlay Sample Size
We offer DCI Concrete Overlay in 3 lbs. samples in each texture and base color for testing and smaller jobs. Apply the overlay to concrete, backboard or plywood to test for color, texture and application technique.
Concrete Countertop Application
DCI Concrete Overlay for Countertops
Re-surface formica and tile surfaces with DCI Smooth Texture Gray or White Concrete Overlay. Save time and money by overlaying an existing kitchen or bathroom countertop. Quick, easy and affordable! For more information on overlaying countertops, read over our How to Apply Concrete Overlay Guide and watch our step-by-step How to Apply Overlay on Formica Countertops.
Key DCI Concrete Overlay Features:
• Easy-to-Use Add Water Only Mix
• Integrally Color or Acid Stain either White or Gray-Based Overlay
• Spray or Trowel for any desired finish on floors, walls or concrete countertops
• Durable, reliable, time-tested product for both professional and homeowner use
• 3lb. Concrete Overlay Sample Size available for testing and smaller projects