Our professional grade Concrete Acid Stain is a water-based liquid bearing minerals and acid. The acid stain penetrates the pores of the concrete forcing a chemical reaction between the muriatic acid and the available lime in the surface. Once acid stained, the color of the concrete is permanently altered. When sealed with an appropriate concrete sealer and for indoor applications, sealed and waxed, acid stain produces the unique, variegated finish associated with this process. DCI Concrete Floor Wax and Polish is available for purchase separately for most indoor applications.
Each kit covers up to 200 sq. ft. on smooth texture concrete. Concrete porosity and texture will decrease coverage rates. Each sealer will cover up to 200 sq. ft. per gallon but coverage rates will vary with each sealer option. Review each sealer product page to determine which sealer is right for your project.
Keep in mind that it is your responsibility, as the stain applicator, to make sure the slab is ready to accept the stain, whether you poured the concrete or not. Take the time to look at the batch tickets to see what’s in the concrete mix, and always do a sample prior to stain installation to ensure that the color is correct.
DIY Concrete Acid Stain Kit Includes:
• Pump-Up Acid Stain Sprayer
• Concrete Acid Stain (Color options available at checkout)
• Concrete Sealer (Sealer options available at checkout)
• Organic Degreaser, Baking Soda, Sealer Applicator, Goggles, Gloves and Masks
• Detailed How to Apply Concrete Acid Stain Instructions
Sealer Options Include: DCI Water-based Concrete Sealer, Sprayable Satin Finish Sealer, *AC1315 High Gloss Concrete Sealer, *Krystal Kote Water-based Concrete Sealer and *DCI Penetrating Lithium Sealer/Hardener.
*AC1315 High Gloss Sealer, Krystal Kote Sealer and DCI Lithium Sealer/Hardener Concrete Sealer are more expensive.
AC1315 Price: $6.65; Krystal Kote Price: $12.00; Lithium Price: $59.06.
We offer samples and sample kits small or large for every concrete acid stain we sell to help our customers make the best choice for their homes and businesses. Our kits are perfect for concrete craft projects, too!
Key DIY Acid Stain Kit Features:
• Turn-key kit perfect for smaller indoor or outdoor projects
• Mix and match stains and sealers for the kit you want
• Instructions and Instructional video (optional) included with every kit
• Wax sold separately for indoor floor applications
• Detailed How-To Instructions included with every kit