Make your own Halloween Tombstone using Direct Colors Inc. products in 11 Easy Steps! Happy Halloween!
Outdoor kitchens and grills can be anything you’d like them to be from simple to elaborate. Some of our customers include pizza ovens while others focus just on the barbecuing! Whatever’s best for your family, Direct Colors has the products you need to get started! Here are a few suggestions:
• Concrete pigment is a popular choice for concrete countertop grills. The solid color really appeals to bbq denizens nationwide! Concrete pigment can be used for both poured or refinished countertops. If you have an existing outdoor countertop or are framing up a new top, use DCI Concrete Overlay for an easy to apply and color concrete alternative.
• Make your kitchen or bar top a centerpiece with acid stain! Any combination of acid stain or concrete dye colors can be used on a countertop so the sky’s the limit! It’s a stunning look that can be coordinated with the patio or pool deck color, too!
• Get the right sealer for your kitchen countertop or bar. We offer high gloss, semi-gloss and matte countertop sealers. Select whichever sealer matches best with your overall design and color scheme. If you’re pouring or finishing in place, be sure to listen to our sealing outdoor countertops podcast to avoid common temperature related mistakes.
When the patio looks great, whatever you put on top of it will too! Acid staining patios is our #1 DIY project and is perfect for newer slabs but sometimes that’s not what we have to work with. Here are all the options we offer:
• If you’re looking for color variation and movement on your patio, then acid stain’s the product for you! Acid stain is a permanent alteration of the concrete color and is really a very artistic way to finish your patio. We recommend the Sprayable Satin Finish Sealer for most patios to maximize the color “pop” while not becoming slippery when wet.
• Again, concrete pigment is the way to go if you’re pouring a new patio. It’s easy, affordable and all the homeowner needs to do is seal the concrete 30 days after the pour. Easy, Peasy. If you’re stamping the concrete, use the Liquid Colored Antique Concrete Stain as a stamp release for a beautiful color contrast!
• Not all of us have a new concrete patio so what can be done when the surface has exposed aggregate or other unsightly blemishes? Liquid Colored Antique Concrete Stain is an easy to apply option for any patio project. We offer a wide range of colors and after the product has been properly shaken up, the colors can be mixed together to get just the right shade!
Adding color to pool decks really adds value and really makes our outdoor entertainment area a place you want to spend time. It’s really not as hard or as expensive as you may think to pour a new or refinish an existing pool deck. Here’s a few recommendations:
• The easiest option for homeowners pouring a new pool deck is to add color to the concrete. Stamped or textured concrete is very popular but adding concrete pigment for a more solid color can be done regardless. Looks great and is colored throughout the slab so all you have to do is keep it sealed over time and enjoy!
• If you have a raw concrete pool deck, you have color options! Acid Staining is very popular for pool decks as long as the concrete is good condition and meets the requirements for staining. Liquid Colored Antique Concrete Stain can be used on most any pool deck, including concrete that’s been previously sealed, and comes in a wide variety of colors. Our antique concrete stain is THE go to stain for integrally colored stamped and textured concrete pool decks. Really brings the color out and restores the original concrete appearance.
• Choosing the correct sealer for pool decks is very important both for safety and durability. For a matte non-slip finish on smooth or lightly-broomed concrete, select the DCI Penetrating Lithium Hardener Sealer. This sealer has excellent salt resistance and works great on raw or acid stained concrete, but can’t be used in conjunction with the Antique Concrete Stain. Our most popular outdoor sealer is the Sprayable Satin Finish Sealer which can be used as a top coat for smooth, textured or stamped concrete. Just the right amount of gloss to accentuate and deepen the color of any concrete stain finish without sacrificing safety.
We understand that any do-it-yourself project can be intimidating, even for seasoned contractors. Let us help by providing specific recommendations for your next successful decorative concrete project. All you need to do is provide a few details about your project, the concrete and your design ideas. One of our expert decorative concrete technicians will evaluate your project, select the right products for the job and provide easy-to-read, step-by-step instructions! We’ll be in touch within 24 hours!