Our professional grade Concrete Acid Stain is a water-based liquid bearing minerals and acid. The acid stain penetrates the pores of the concrete forcing a chemical reaction between the muriatic acid and the available lime in the surface. Once acid stained, the color of the concrete is permanently altered. When sealed with an appropriate concrete sealer and for indoor applications, acid stain produces a unique, variegated finish. For the best coverage with concrete acid stain in large or small projects, use our Pump Up Acid Stain Sprayer.
When applying multiple concrete acid stain colors, always use acid resistant shoes to avoid leaving shoe impressions in wet, active stain. Remember if your floor is machine troweled and potentially too smooth to acid stain, add one gallon of Hard Trowel Floor Prep for every 400 sq. ft. of concrete to open the pores for a more robust reaction.
Keep in mind that it is your responsibility, as the stain applicator, to make sure the slab is ready to accept the stain, whether you poured the concrete or not. Take the time to look at the batch tickets to see what’s in the concrete mix, and always do a sample prior to stain installation to ensure that the color is correct.
Key Concrete Acid Stain Features:
• Affordable, unique decorative concrete floor finish
• Indoor/outdoor DIY chemically reactive stain
• 200 sq. ft. per gallon (applying two coats for optimal coverage or a single saturating coat)
• Apply using all plastic garden sprayer or with a foam brush for smaller projects
• Add water to our full-strength acid stains for additional color variation
• All acid stained surfaces must be sealed and if indoors, waxed.
• For machined troweled surfaces, apply Hard Trowel Floor Prep before staining.
• Available in Sample Kits and Individual Samples for testing and smaller projects.
• Detailed How-To Instructions included with every purchase