Concrete Overlays are durable, ultra-strong, and easy-to-apply add water only mixes. Try our 3 lb. Concrete Overlay Sample Size for small jobs and pre-order testing. Available in both white and gray base colors. Ideal for decorative concrete projects indoors and out including:
• Resurface Old, Damaged or Soiled Concrete for significantly less than the cost of removal
• Cost Effective Alternative to Poured Concrete Countertops
• Applying Borders on Floors to Disguise Carpet Tack Strip Holes
• Suitable for Stamped, Stenciled or Artistic Finishes
Mixing Instructions: To apply at a 1/4 in. depth, add about 6 oz. of water per 3 lbs. of overlay. For a skim coat, add approximately 8 to 10 oz. of water to achieve a mix with the consistency of a thin pancake batter.
Coverage and Application: DCI Concrete Overlay Sample Size covers approximately 1.5 sq. ft. at 1/4″ or 5 sq. ft. for a skim coat per 3 lb. bag. The typical pot life for overlay is approximately 30-35 minutes. Adding cold rather than room temperature water will extend the pot life by up to 15 minutes. Applying overlay on hot concrete or in temperatures over 90F could result in delamination or similar problems. In hot, dry conditions, reduce the concrete temperature by dampening it with water prior to application. Mist the overlay with water to extend working time if required.
• For a smooth appearance, finish the overlay with a magic trowel.
• For a textured finish, handwork the overlay with a pool trowel or similar applicator.
• For vertical surfaces and stencil, spray Smooth Overlay with a drywall texture gun and smooth with a pool or magic trowel.
Concrete Overlay Textures:
Complete Texture Concrete Overlay – hardy and strong, is the top choice for stamping, trowel stenciling, or as a primer coat on previously stamped or tiled surfaces.
Smooth Texture Concrete Overlay – Can be troweled down or sprayed with a hopper gun at low psi for a super smooth texture and high workability. Perfect for smooth finish flooring, spray-on stenciling, and vertical applications.
Concrete Pigment Mini Color Packs for Overlay Samples
Concrete Pigment Color Packs for Overlay Samples
Made to measure pack of concrete pigment for every color on our white-based and gray-based color charts. Fast, easy and convenient way to color your Concrete Overlay and Concrete Countertop Mix.
Concrete Overlay for Countertops – Re-surface formica and tile surfaces with Smooth Texture Gray or White Concrete Overlay. Save time and money by overlaying an existing kitchen or bathroom countertop. Quick, easy and affordable! For more information on overlaying countertops, read over our How to Construct a Concrete Countertop Guide.
Durable, Ultra-strong, and Easy-to-Apply
Add water only polymerized mixes available in two textures. Ideal for decorative concrete projects indoors and out. Also available with concrete pigment color packs.
Key Concrete Overlay Sample Size Features:
• Perfect for testing and smaller projects
• Easy-to-Use Add Water Only Mix
• Integrally Color or Acid Stain either White or Gray-Based Overlay
• Spray or Trowel for any desired finish on floors, walls or existing countertops
• Durable, reliable, time-tested product for both professional and homeowner use
• Covers approximately 1.5 sq. ft at a 1/4 in. depth