How to Apply Metallic Epoxy Countertop Sealer
- Pour all or part of the contents of the 2oz. container metallic pigment into the resin and carefully fold the metallic into the resin using the wooden stir stick. Stir for at least 2 minutes until completely combined.
- Allow metallic pigment and resin mixture to rest for 5 to 10 minutes and stir again for good suspension before adding the hardener.
- Add the hardener to resin and thoroughly mix according to the mixing instructions below. Working with metallic pigment in epoxy is a creative process.
- Use more or less metallic pigment to create surface designs or expose more of the countertop base color.
- While contrasting base colors aren’t required, it does provide more color variation and “pop” for the metallic color coat.