DCI Deep Penetrating Dye is a water-based, easy-to-apply topical colorant intended for textured or more porous concrete surfaces. When used properly, this product will provide consistent tint for indoor and outdoor applications.
Each gallon will cover approximately 175 – 200 square feet depending on surface conditions. Less coverage on more porous surfaces.
Profiling the surface is imperative for this product to function as designed. For best results, sand the surface to a minimum of 80 to 100 grit and/or us DCI Hard Trowel Floor Prep at full strength.
DCI Deep Penetrating Dye can be applied with a Pump up Fence and Deck Sprayer, Foam Brush, General Purpose brush. You may also sponge on for a mottled or more artistic faux finish. Spraying heavier or additional coats will produce a darker, more intense color.
Seal the concrete after the surface has dried completely in order to protect the finish.
For enhanced color diversity, apply two or more shades.
You can dilute these colors with water to lighten your color results
Use warm soapy water for clean up
Key DCI Concrete Dye Features:
- Excellent UV stability in blues and grays
- Water Based Concrete Dye is a dye and seal product
- Available in sample sizes
- Excellent choice as secondary accents on tinted concrete sealer and acid stain finishes, stenciling, design work, and borders.
- May also be used on slabs not suitable for acid staining such as concrete poured with a waterproofing additive, with exposed aggregate or areas previously treated with muriatic acid.