Use Concrete Acid Stain for Indoor and Outdoor Concrete
Versatile, Rich Colors for Any Project
Use Concrete acid stain as a low cost, highly versatile way to update your concrete and home. It’s perfect for concrete floors that have already been poured, or if you’re looking for ways to enhance a new installation. For less than 50 cents a square foot, acid stain floors offer beauty and affordability to DIY homeowners.
Why Concrete Acid Stain?
Concrete acid stain can add many different effects and appearances depending on the technique used. It will also add character to any concrete floor that is a good candidate. If there are flaws in the concrete, although it will not cover them up, the stain will incorporate them into it, creating a unique and interesting effect. Acid stains can be applied in a variety of techniques to create marbled, multi-colored or veined effects.
Acid stains create organic colors and bring a distinctive feature to any project. Direct Colors offers concrete acid stains in 10 different colors that can be intensified or muted depending on the technique used and personal preference of the homeowner.
At a low cost, you can add a unique feature floor to your home.
Tips on Applying a Concrete Acid Stain:
• Determine if your concrete floor is a good candidate by clearing it of any and all debris. If there is carpet glue or paint, be sure to clean the surface with one of our recommended products.
• For best concrete acid stain results, sand the floor with a 150-200 grit pad using a floor buffer. This will remove most, if not all, of the debris on the surface, and open the pores of the concrete for a more uniform concrete acid stain.
• When applying, remember to put safety first and use goggles, gloves and a mask!
• Decide prior to the application which appearance you prefer (marbled, multi-colored or veined) and practice on a small area to get the desired effect.
• Once the stain has processed, been neutralized and cleaned, do not forget to seal it! Sealing is a short application process, but you will reap the rewards for years to come.
Find Out More About Acid Staining Concrete: